Saturday, July 18, 2009

Anti masturbation device...

I found this on one of my favorite blogs. Apparently some guy sold an antique boys chastity... labeled as a "Anti-Masturbation Device" It was made in 1880 in France. It sold for $2,906! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190194504224

Since the auction is over and it's just a matter of time before it's purged from eBay's website, I thought I'd post the details on the auction.







Curious Science

Curious Science Units 5 and 7 Commercial Way London NW10 7XF UK

Tel 020 8961 3113 Fax 020 8961 7427 Mobile 07956 834094

Email dburns@curiousscience.com

EXTREMELY RARE ANTI MASTURBATION DEVICE DATING FROM c1880. THE COPPER SHAPED DEVICE WAS ATTACHED TO A BELT AND WORN BY BOYS AS A MEANS OF PREVENTING NOCTURNAL EMISSIONS. VERY MUCH AN INDICATION OF SOCIETIES VIEWS ON ONANISM IN THE 19TH CENTURY. THIS IS THE FIRST EXAMPLE WE HAVE OFFERED FOR SALE IN 24 YEARS. THE CONDITION IS EXCELLENT 3 ½ INCHES TOP TO BASE.


No, I wasn't the top bidder... nor could I even afford the starting bid. I'd really like to know who bought it but the auction was kept private.

What I'd like more than that is to know of the history of the practice. I thought it was limited to the United States (who crazier than us to try stuff like this?) I think there is a lot not discussed due to the potentially taboo nature of the discussion (talking about masturbatory habits of boys).

I know the popular myth. If you masturbate, hair grows on hands and your vision worsens, insanity; obvious lies... but was this practice of complete abstinence ever scientifically proven to help or hurt anything?

Talking from experience, I would say this device is not cruel or unusual... it should be brought back. My sex peak plummeted and sex was the next to last thing on my mind. I am a developed male though and I know how hormones affect me, I wonder what this was do the the psychology of someone younger.

Any doctors or students out there that can help? Anyone doing any studies on this at all.. if so why not? I don't think this is really being studied since scientists are busy working on our next food additive or diet pill...

Some people may actually benefit from this. I know of a kid I grew up with who was very sexually deviant. When he was younger he was a peeping tom, flasher and did "inappropriate" things with small animals. He is now in prison for 10 years, armed robbery.

Not that the two are related but they may have been. For instance, forced to wear it after the first time busted peeping. Then after the 2-3 months or however the desires go away and the testosterone decreases (not sure if mine decreased or my brain just got used to the urges or what... that's why it needs to be studied). Lack of testosterone could have kept him from acting out... It's a stretch but it could have happened. Just curious if this was ever explored and if it could help someone today.

1 comment:

  1. A very similar item is now owned by the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. Whether or not bought at the auction I don't know. The MATHIEU belt had an advantage over the design illustrated here. The penis sheath was angled higher, allowing a mother, nurse or governess to forcibly fit it to a boy found already to have an erection.

    ReplyDelete